Meet Pastor Michael!
Rev. Dr. Michael A. L. Eckelkamp was called to serve as Senior Pastor of St. John’s Lutheran Church and School in May of 2003. He graduated from Concordia University, Portland Oregon in 1985 majoring in Biblical Languages and Behavioral Sciences. He attended and graduated from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis MO in 1990 with a Masters of Divinity and then a Masters of Sacred Theology in 1991. He completed his Doctorate at Westminster Theological Seminary in 2002. He is also a graduate of the Pastoral Leadership Institute. Michael served as the chairperson for the Rocky Mountain District Healthier Ministries Taskforce from 2007-2011 He serves as a consultant and coach for the Transforming Congregations Network and a Mentor for Natural Church Development. He serves in an enthusiastic and growing church community that releases people to live out their faith in vibrant and creative ways. Michael also speaks regularly for pastors and teachers conferences throughout the Synod. His greatest blessings are named: Bernardine, Debra, Rachel and Christian!
Check out Pastor Michael's Blog!
10 Things About M.E. (Michael Eckelkamp)
(Ten Things you might learn if you were strong enough to last 10 minutes listening to me!)
1) I am a compulsive punster. I have no filter for this type of word play--It is a punishing truth. It is a clerical problem.
2) The two greatest gifts God has entrusted to me is salvation
and creation. My way of saying thank you is by taking care of them!
3) I am strive to be balanced physically, emotionally, spiritually and relationally!
4) I am remarkably proud of the staff and community of St. John’s.
The people around here are amazing!
5) I LOVE being a pastor!
6) I am addicted to “Words with Friends!”
7) “I am not a native of Colorado, but I got here as quick as I could.”
8) The goal is not getting people to come to church, it is for people to be the church every day of the week.
9) Favorite Latin quote: “Semper ubi, sub ubi “ (Always where under where)
10) A life transforming thought: “ I don’t have to save the world, Jesus did that!
Because God loves me, I can love me—and you too!